This is a short tutorial on how to hack flash games on your PC or in your browser. This tutorial is meant for people with a basic understanding of how PCs work and will require that you Download Cheat Engine.
2. Click the PC icon at the top right and select a process of the browser you are playing the game in. Double click one of these processes, if there are multiple ones.
3. Enable a speedhack, set it to 0 (freeze game) and apply.
4. If the game is now frozen, you selected the correct browser process. If not you need to chose another one and repeat until the speedhack freezes the game. (Works with 99% of all flash games.)
5. Set the value type on the Cheat Engine scan to all
6. Enter any value that you want to hack and are able to change by playing the game and scan for it by pressing “First Scan” which will result in what will probably be a LOT of results in the list at the left.
7. Now change the value you just scanned for in game. If you can’t control the speed at which it changes, use a game freeze hack before you rescan.
8. Once the value has changed through gameplay, enter the new value and click “next scan”
9. Repeat this process until you have 12 or less values left in the list at the left
10. Now mark the value or values. (If there are multiple ones use shift+click) then click the red arrow to transfer them to the edit list.
11. You can now change all the values in the edit list below by right clicking > change record > value. You can also freezing the values by checking the boxes at their left.
Well done you now know the basic technique of hacking flash games. If you want to learn more about how to use cheat engine to hack games including flash game, then check out our other tutorials.
Does this work for all Flash Games?
There are very few flash games that encrypt all of their values (around 2% of all flash games). Other than those, every flash game can be hacked in one way or another and even the encrypted ones can be speedhacked. So while not every game is easily hackable when it comes to changing values, there are still ways to cheat without that.
Also keep in mind that Cheat Engine is a tool and will not do all the work for you. In some games you have to become creative: For example if the main health or money value is encrypted, you need to find secondary values that influence that value you are trying to hack and manipulate those.
I can’t find the value im looking for. What do I do?
Try multiplying the value by 8 and trying again. Make sure you are scanning for all value types. If that does not work, try to find other secondary stats or values that you might be able to hack: For example items you can sell, upgrade levels, skill points, weapon levels, building costs, spell costs and so on. Be creative and every game can be hacked.
Encrypted / Hidden Values
Some flash game developers try to hide their values from cheaters by having the memory value be a multiple of the display value ect. Most common is x8, x2 or x100: Try those variations as well, if you cannot find the correct value.
In very rare cases the value will be encrypted and therefore not directly hackable. In that case try to find variables that can affect the value you want to hack and hack those instead. For example: If the money value is not hackable, go for the prices instead, make a negative price and buy to get unlimited money ect.
Hacking flash games manually is pretty easy, but in many cases you will have to get creative and adapt to the game and what tools it offers you to manipulate it. Never give up, keep trying, keep learning and maybe even get into trainer creating AoBs, Hex editing and so on, if you feel like it. In single player games, there is literally nothing that cannot be hacked or modded, you simply need the know-how and the tools to do it.
In some flash games a speed hack can be even more useful than any money hack or god mode, since it essentially gives you unlimited reaction time or aiming time ect. Experiment around with it and use the speehack built into Cheat Engine to freeze the game if you have values that are always fluctuation in order to make scanning for them easier.