This tutorial will teach you the basics of memory editing / game hacking using GameGuardian in Android games. If you need help installing GameGuardian, check out these tutorials: Install GameGuardian without Root / Install GameGuardian with Root.
Simple Money Hack / Value Change
This is how to hack simple known game values, such as money, skill points, items, health ect, in Android games using GameGuardian. - Please only do this in offline games that do not require the internet or on an alternate account. Use at your own risk:
- Open GameGuardian and the game you want to hack in any order.
- Connect GameGuardian to the game process by selecting the process with the game name and icon.
- Find the value in-game that you would like to change, tap the LOOKING GLASS icon. The one without question mark or number sign.
- Enter the value, select AUTO value type and search to begin the first scan. - This will come up with a list of memory addresses that have that value at this time.
- Now we most likely have a huge amount of possible values and to narrow that list down, we go back into the game, change the value by spending money, taking damage, leveling up ect. Once the value is changed we go back into GameGuardian, enter the new value and tap REFINE.
- Repeat this process until you are left with 1-6 values and the list cannot be narrowed down any further.
- Tape the value(s) to change them. Set the value to whatever you want, but keep in the range dictated by its value type. 9.999.999 is a safe bet.
- Congratulations, you completed your first simple money / skill point / health hack any are ready to learn more advanced methods.
Speed Hack Tutorial
Speed hacks allow players to slow down or speed up a game, allowing for easier gameplay or faster progression respectively. This is how to enable speedhacks in GameGuardian (works for most games, but not all, especially online):
- Connect GameGuardian to the game.
- Tap and hold the floating GameGuardian icon.
- Arrows will appear to the left and right of the game.
- Tap the arrows in order to enable speedhacks. Right to speed up the game, left to slow it down. 2X speedhacks is 200% speed, 0.5x is 50% speed ect.
- You can now play a sped up version or slow version of your game.
Unknown Value Scan
Scanning for an unknown value, such as a health bar without actual HP indicator works in much the same way as a normal scan, except instead of scanning for a specific number we scan the whole game memory and then narrow down the list by increased / decreased or unchanged value, which will generally take much longer:
- Go into GameGuardian and tap the Looking Glass WITH the QUESTION MARK to start a scan of the whole memory, tap SEARCH.
- You will get a HUGE amount of values.
- Now go into the game and either increase or decrease the value by taking damage, collecting EXP ect.
- Scan for increased / decreased or changed / unchanged values depending on what you did to the value, tap the option to refine.
- Repeat until you are left with 1-8 values and then change the value just like in the tutorial for known values.
Some games will use encryption to hide values for cheaters, such as multiplication. So a value that shows as 10 in game may be 100 in memory or 10 may be 80 or, if you are unlucky, 10 may be ‘g98d9djtoe’ in memory. – That last one is almost impossible to work out, but for the simple ones you can either try an unknown value scan (previous tutorial) or you can try scanning for the suspected encryption manually.
Savegame editing may be a valuable option as well if values are encrypted, as very often the value will be encrypted in the game memory but not in the game save files.